I have been nominated by for my first blogging award! Actually, I may have been nominated before but ignored the nomination. These fake link-baiting blogging awards kind of give me the creeps. Anyway, thank you Hannah Meiklejohn for this dubious honour. Hannah Meiklejohn’s blog is sneakily called Hannah Meiklejohn (I see what you did there!) and seems to be mostly poems and book reviews. Also, like the person who nominated her for this
goddamn chain letter award, she seems to talk about art, music and maybe movies. I definitely saw a post about baking. I haven’t actually read anything on her blog, but I’m going to assume it’s a good blog.
The Liebster Award is very unique in the fact it brings recognition to the smaller blogs of the ‘verse. With that in mind, all of the nominated blogs will have under 200 followers.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingys.
WTF IS A TAG BACK THINGY?
Anyway, okay, here goes…
11 facts about myself:
- With my partner, I own four cats. In order of how much I love them: Bartleby, Quita, Pan and Cardigan.
- This one time, as a child, I was stung by 19 or more wasps.
- I don’t think The Empire Strikes Back is a very good film.
- Last month I had a scrotal ultrasound. Turns out I’m not dying.
- I have a giant wizard beard not because I’m a hippie (or because I’m a hipster) but because I am lazy and hate shaving.
- I’m a bit of a hippie.
- I’m a bit of a hipster.
- I’m missing an enzyme in my saliva that prevents me from eating certain foods.
- I play in a band called Moonwood.
- I also run a music label: Arachnidiscs Recordings.
- I have a podcast: Nerd Hurdles.
Answers to the 11 questions I was asked:
How would you describe your blog/s? – Dead in the water. Well, at the moment my blog is a poetry thing. Short poems. Trying get through writing 100 of them. How’s that working for me? Okay, I guess. This blog used to be a diary blog. I started it on Livejournal of all places. Back before there was Facebook to tell everyone my opinions on unimportant stuff and about the weird thing I just saw. In 2011 I turned it into a series of zines. Anyway, I used to fill out these kinds of silly questionnaire memes on it all the time back in tha day.
My other blogs are way more interesting: Bone Rolling Reviews where I pick CDs to review by the roll of the dice and Nerd Hurdles which goes along with my aforementioned podcast.
What would you do if you won the lottery tomorrow? – Are we talking $2 on a scratch’n’win or billions of dollars? Oddly, I was just thinking the other day that if I came into unlimited resources, I’d probably have a soft-serve ice-cream machine installed in my kitchen. Also, I guess I’d buy a house to have a kitchen to install it in.
What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? – “Everyone deserves a second chance, no one deserves a third.”
What was the last book you read? – Gasa-Gasa Girl by whoever wrote that book. It was decent but made no profound or lasting impression.
Do you prefer the sun or snow? – Neither. I loathe both summer and winter. Springtime sun is okay I guess. Better than autumn snow.
Have you ever had a bone broken? – Not officially.
Do you have any pets? – See above.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? – Doesn’t matter. You take yourself with you wherever you go. And I’m pretty awesome.
If you could be friends with a celebrity, who would it be? – I have no particular interest in being friends with any celebrities.
What is your favorite pastime? – Making music.
Where do you aspire to be five years from now? – I have no aspirations. Every achievement is just another plateau to be dissatisfied with. In five years I hope I’m still happy to be on this plateau.
11 Questions for my nominees:
- If you were a flower, what kind of allergic reactions would you cause?
- Have you ever dissected a frog?
- If cat videos on the Internet had physical mass, would they crush the planet?
- Have you ever proven M.C. Hammer wrong and, indeed, touched this?
- Have you ever dissected a frog outside of biology class?
- Who was the first person to betray you?
- As a consumer, do you feel complicit in the suffering of third world peoples such as the hundreds who died in the recent textile factory collapse in Bangladesh?
- Do you feel like a Degrassi kid raised in a 90210 world?
- Who was the first person you betrayed?
- What’s your feelings on the Mens’ Rights Movement?
- To your knowledge have you ever been a contributing factor in a suicide?
And finally, my 11 nominees (No, I have absolutely no idea if any other them have less than 200 followers):
- Camille Reads
- Marius’s Corner
- The Nerdly Wife
- Inappropriate Conversations
- The Chirurgeon’s Apprentice
- Yeah… I don’t really read blogs that aren’t attached to huge corporate media entities.
- I’m Very Ape
- My Pen and Me