1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Moved to Toronto, worked as a temp, made a relationship work.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more?
My only new years resolution was “quit fucking shit up.” And I seemed to have, more or less, done so.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Helen? Was that 2007 or 2006?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada. The real Canada.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 18th. Meeting Nicole.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finding love and moving to Toronto.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking advantage of what Nanaimo offered when I was there.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Wisdom tooth removed.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new acoustic guitar.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Elmhurst’s is always worth a nod.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My ex bosses.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent most likely.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
“Soon after Christmas” for the first half and “Mr. Unassuming” for the
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
Thinner. But I was still losing and I’ve gained a bit back.
iii. richer or poorer?
Not sure. Probably about the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We went to a friend’s for dinner.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Six Feet Under.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I started appreciating Radiohead in new profound ways. And I rediscovered Underworld.
28. What did you want and get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Some vids Nicole sent me when we first met.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had Nae, Kat and Matt over. 35.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
um…. I bought “work” clothes for the first time. Nicole knitted me a rad scarf.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Britney when she shaved her head.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I prefer to be shaken, not stirred.
37. Who did you miss?
About 25 people in Nanaimo
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Don’t invite several ex’s and crushes to your CD release party.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“Please, please, please, let me, let me, let me get what I want this time.”