~ Apparently, while bagginsed, I booked Sister Ray a show for Saturday the 31st of March and then forgot about it until Mel asked me about this show I booked. It’s an art gallery opening. Seems Paperboxes, Tycoons and Flatbed will also be playing. We’ll sort of be the odd-man out on that bill. Which I was trying to avoid by playing an art-show opening. Oh well, a show’s a show.
**EDIT** Details now in:
Opening Saturday March 31st
Art Show and Gig a 33 Victoria Cres.
Fundraiser for the And Loan Gallery.
Booze may very well be legally available, if everything goes according to plan.
~ My new Ramshackle plans are for the next day, Sunday April 1st, April Fool’s Day. Probably after Pins of Light (7:30pm?) but perhaps in the day (noon or 2pm?). Checking out the location tonight probably. I’ll just say, for the moment, the idea is entirely ridiculous and semi-inspired by something I saw on TV last night.
1. When was the last time you washed your hair?
This morning ~ Damn this truth! What a risky survey this is. Whatever will people think of me now.
2. What were you doing at 8am this morning?
Recording some southern-gothic Appalachian acoustic blues on my 4-track.
3. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
My actual what I’m supposed to be doing work.
4. Are you any good at math?
Not really. “Really”? No, not at all. But I had dreams about mathematically mapping sound-waves when I had that fever.
7. Are you mad at anyone right now?
I’m not, actually. Well, how about that? I’m not grumpy anymore. I think people are mad at me though. From my extended grumpiness of the last month.
8. Do you know the words to the song on your MySpace profile?
Well, yes, I did write them all after all.
9. Last thing received in mail?
I have a parcel waiting for me at the post-office. So I haven’t actually received it yet. I assume it’s more random craziness ot screen-prints from my uncle. Usually when I’m not expecting packages, they’re from him. I wish they put the return address on those parcel notifications so you’d know what’s waiting for you.
10. How many different drinks have you had today!
Nothing “different” ~ just my usual drinks.
12. Doyou ever leave messages on people’s answering machine?
These days I seem to only leave messages. Pick up the damn phone.
13. Any plans for tonight?
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
15. What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had?
Waiting in the office for cleaning having forgotten to bring a book.
16. What’s outside your front door?
17. Do you have plans friday night?
Kick it old school. As in, not drink. Like how I used to not drink back in the day.
18. Do you like the ocean?
I like being near it. In fact, it’se pretty essential. In it or on, not so much. At all.
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorn?
Those what? A huge tin with three kernels of popcorn? Sounds like a crappy gift.
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
I know I have. But I have no recollection of it. Though I think we went to one in Calgary but watched a film about natural disasters instead.
22. Something you are excited about?
Getting over this flu.
23. Who around you has the most problems?
I don’t know how to choose. So many dysfunctionally tragic cases to pick from. “Crazytrain” in particular though is going off the rails.
24. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive?
I have no idea. I would assume those babushka wearing krauty ones died a long time ago.
25. Describe your past weekend?
26. Where do you keep your change?
27. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
The legion show, I guess.
28. Do you sleep with the door open or closed at night?
I keep it open or the cat will wake me up trying to get in. Which she would do. She doesn’t approve of any doors being closed anywhere. Even doors of computer desks and stuff too.
29. Who are you thinking about right now?
I was keeping an eye cocked on my boss lest he come near this screen.
30. Do you consider your best friends family?
I do. I think most only children probably do.