~ Something I was really impressed with at the Shack Records night was Erin‘s ability to memorize notebooks upons notebooks worth of lyrics. Myself, I can’t even remember my 3 rhyming stanzas songs. I might have to resort to some improv freestyling tonight. Gah. Actually, everyone’s songs last night were really enjoyable. 2 hours at the Mermaids’ Mug, though, puts you in a state of utter dementia.
~ The National Library sent Arachnidiscs a letter/package yesterday demanding I submit copies of Urbane Decay, Babel, dr. pong and DWE cd’s to the National Archives for posterity. Apparently I am legally required to do so, but it’s not clear if there’s a penalty for simply ignoring the letter. Seems absurd tax dollars are being spent cataloging and storing cd-r’s and zines from every small town in Canada.
“In fact, you can control light so successfully that it is possible to grow robust plants in the complete absence of sunlight.”
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What’s there?
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
A terrible “who’s gunna win” Oscars thing on some American morning news show while I ate my All-Bran. The whole Oscars hoopla continues to become more baffling to me every year.
4. Without looking, guess what time it is:
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time?
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
Justina being exasperated.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
Half an hour ago, getting out of my car.
8.Before this survey what were you looking at?
9. What are you wearing?
That’s not an appropriate question, survey. I don’t think we know each other well enough to engage in that kind of internet chat.
10. Did you dream last night?
I did. Forgotten what it’s about though.
11. When did you last laugh?
Last night at our late-night band practice.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
Two whiteboard calendars one with February’s production stuff on it and one with March’s.
13. Seen anything weird lately?
The Mermaids Mug.
14. What do you think of this quiz?
Meh. At least it hasn’t asked me what my fears are, if I have a crush on anyone, how many kids I want, what my ringtone is, if I have tattoos/piercings, when I last drove a car, etc…
15. What is the last film you saw?
Long Riders. I have a thing for Walter Hill movies, but this was one of his many misses. In fact, one of the most pointless westernstenialist 1970’s movies. Still, that knife fight with James Remar and David Caradine was gold.
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?
How many millions? A house. I’d buy Ken a proper guitar.
17. Tell me something about you that I don’t know:
Who are you? This is creepy.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
How about regardless of physics? I’d make the world zero gravity.
19. Do you like to dance?
When I’m on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I like to get hammered and cut a rug.
20. George Bush:
Is not a question.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
23. Would you ever consider living abroad?
24. What do you want to say to God when you reach the pearly gates?
Isn’t that St. Peter’s job? I like to think God had better things to do than greet the 150,000 people who die everyday. 75,000 if we assume half are going to the other place. If Jehov is spending all his time hanging out at the pearlies, that explains a lot about the state of the world. I’d say, “Put down that cucumber sandwich and get back to work you fat fuck.”
Yes. Someone’s been posting as me for months.
2. What was the last thing you ordered at McDonalds?
I would assume fries. I does luuuurve Ronald’s fries.
3. Are you an emotional person?
Quietly so. Outwardly I’m stoic, inwardly I’m a dramaball of frantic emotional panic.
4. Do you like your name?
I’ve grown to enjoy it. Changing the spelling helped.
5. Do you believe in love at first sight?
6. Have you ever felt jealous of a friend?
Romantically jealous? No. Covetous of talent or success? Perhaps.
7. What was the last thing you did?
Stripped France of articles.
8. Ever been hurt by someone you love?
Been hurt by every person I loved. See question #3.
9. Who was the last person you sang to?
About 20 people in my red room. One on one? Jamie, I guess, teaching her songs… but that doesn’t count. Chelsea over a year ago, I would think, in the spirit of the question.
10. What song are you listening to right now?
“Trash” by Urbane Decay, trying in vain to learn the words.
11. How’s the weather right now?
Looks like it’s sunny out.
12. Who was the last lie you told to?
Huh? Who did I last lie to? Someone I work with I assume. Who can keep track?
13. What was the lie?
Probably “I’m doing alright.”
14. Last song you sang?
15. Do you like anyone?
It’s more significant I don’t dislike anyone right now.
16. Lost a friendship over something stupid?
No friendships I regret losing were lost over stupid things.
17. Last thing you drank?
18. Last thing you ate?
20. Faked being sick to miss school?
More like fudged the severity of the sickness.
21. What time did you wake up today?
I think I’m still asleep.
22. Last person you talked to?
23. Last person you made fun of?
24. What are you wearing right now?
26. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
I refuse to answer this question anymore.
27. Where are you right now?
Sort of a holding pattern.
28. What month is it?
29. Did you go anywhere today?
Just to work.
30. Did you go anywhere yesterday?
I went to Mermaids Mug for the first time. What a crazy-aunt’s recroom of random head-exploding kitch that is.
31. Where are you going today?
Branch 10 Legion, Harewood.
32. Are you watching TV?
I think this place would make a fine reality show.
33. Do immature people annoy you?
Not as much as ubermature people.
34. Are you closer to your mom or dad?
37. Whats the most annoying thing people say to you?
“How goes the battle?”
38. Do you like music?
It might be the only thing I like.
39. Do you want to get married?
Shemp was telling to have babies last night. A “little Jake.” I accused him of being oin cahoots with my mom. Then he told me now that I am heading into my late twenties (ha!) it was time I started thinking about these things.
41. Where are you going on vacation this spring?
Va…cation? Sounds nice… I hope to take a day or two off in March.
42. Would you bungee jump?
I might jump over some pork bung.
43. Do you like roller coasters?
44. Is there anything you wish for every summer?
Santa comes in summer now?
45. Do you use chopsticks?
Really, really poorly. I try to pass it off as endearing ineptitude.
46. What’s your favorite time of day?
47. Thinking of someone right now?
More or less.
48. Concerned about life right now?
Life is nothing to be concerned about. Nor is death.
49. Have you ever tripped going up the stairs?
Anyone who claims otherwise is lying or some kind of balletcrobatic alien.
50. What is one thing you really want to do this spring?
Kick some serious ass.