[trevor] had the brilliant idea of turning the “_____ needs” meme into a google image search.
Jakob needs… a new logo
Jakob needs… new clippers
Jakob needs… new parents
Jakob needs… a new barber.
Jakob needs… a new hobby
~ Ms. Adrienne took me out to lunch for my birthday. We had a really nice time talking about our parents’ illnesses and how we’re both genetically doomed. Seriously, it was the nicest conversation I’ve ever had about illness and death.
~ Next up, dinner with my genetically doomed parents. For which I entirely forgot to make reservations. Not that we’d need them tonight. I’m more concerned we’re not going to have anything to talk about except whether or not “there’s a girl in the offing.” I’m trying to make a short list of speaking points to steer clear of the topic. Maybe I’ll put them on an index card I’ll keep in my lap.
– Work hijinks (there is none, gotta make something up)
– Band news (If I tell them about the new Urbane Decay I may have to give them one. And my songs make my mom sad and, well, will just bring us back to the topic of girls)
– My weird diet (oh man, I don’t want to explain that)
– The snow (safe and boring)
– The family chaos on the mainland (always a good stand-by)
– Their friends who are sick and/or dying (now I’m cooking with gas!)
– Our cats
~ My uncle David sent me another screenprint. The accompanying letter was somewhat ominously signed “Temporarily yours…” I’d better write him a letter this week.