~ Black Dahlia was good, even if it was more a movie about the friendship of the two detectives, and the girl bewteen them, than the actual case. And what there was about the case was highly fictionalized. Which is too bad because it’s a really interesting case, with weird “stranger than fiction” characters and suspects.
~ Ran into Amy Pye’s ex-fiance at The Cambie last night. He came up to me and said, “I’ve seen you in pictures.” I said, “Huh?” Then he asked if I went to graphic design, etc…
~ The Tycoons were good. Though Tanner‘s mid-range was eardrum rupturing. Brent played a sort of Syd Barrett version of surf, which I enjoyed. The after party was… odd. Adam‘s ukulele jam was good. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Jamie hammered before. The Pom-Pom Brent gave me has left a… murky taste in my mouth.
I rather think any self-respecting restaurateur would give us our meals “on the house.”
2. You suddenly have to flee the country and adopt an alias, what country do you run to and what name do you take?
I’d move to Prague and take up the name Vladek Schmizrek.
3. Pick one state in the U.S. to get rid of permanently ?
Alaska should be annexed by Canada.
4. You wake up as the opposite gender what’s the one thing you wanna try ?
Figure out how to change back.
5. Luke Skywalker or Han Solo?
You can’t have one without the other.
6. Toy you always wanted but never got as a child?
“Operation” — I think my parents didn’t want to listen to the buzzing.
7. Top three celebrities you would wanna do.
Any three that would respect me in the morning.
8. What’s an automatic deal breaker in a potential significant other?
Rampant Christianity or hippieness. So really, believing in something. I’m not down with that.
9. What is the last movie you saw that actually scared you?
The fact that people enjoy Napoleon Dynamite scares me.
10. Stupidest thing you’ve ever said out loud?
“All couples who go to Japan together break up because the men cheat with their students or co-workers.” For some reason that really angered Chelsea.
11. You’re sentenced to death and its the morning of your execution, what do you want to eat ?
Cyanide. I’m not giving those screws the satisfaction!
12. What’s something that most people do that you’ve never done ?
13. Before you die you want to go to… ?
Some planet where an advanced race can make you eternally young and happy.
14. Something you’d really like to do but probably won’t ever be able to do?
15. A wild animal you’d like to have as a pet?
16. A drug you’ll never try?
Cocaine, heroin, acid, mushrooms, ecstacy, meth, paxil, zoloff…
17. If you were an animal what would you be ?
18. If you had to marry someone you knew since the age of 12 who would it be ?
I don’t know anyone anymore I’ve known since then… But when I was 12 I was in love with a pretty girl name Alicia. If she didn’t end up a crack-ho, I pick her.
19. What’s something most people don’t know about you ?
People seem to not realize I’m paralyzed by shyness and instead think I’m aloof.
20. First celebrity crush?
21. What’s a weapon to suit your personality, habits and abilities?
Something like that Staples “Easy Button” that would just make my enemies vanish.
23. Favorite breakfast bread (pancakes, waffles, toast etc…)?
I’ve come the realization that I don’t really like any of that stuff. Though there’s this truck stop in the middle Redwood Forest which has the most amazing hot blackberry syrup which made the enormous pancake taste like mouth orgasms.
24. Favorite parody movie ?
Parody movies are bullshit. The closest I’d go would be Brazil as a parody of 1984. Though it’s really a satire.
25. Worst way to die?
Gunna agree with Trevor on this one — Fire
26. Grossest injury you’ve ever seen? in real life?
In abouts grade 5, my buddy and I were competing in a soapbox derby and he crashed and the sheet metal from his racer dug into his shin and there was this big meaty flap hanging off his leg.
27. The worst injury you’ve ever had?
Cut my palm on my dad’s straight-razor in grade two or three. I’ve been pretty careful ever since.
28. Favorite thing about thanksgiving?
Da bird is the only good thing about thanksgiving.
29. Sport you hate to watch on TV the most?
Curling. Fucking trailer-park hobo sport.
30. What city in the U.S. do you want to visit ?
I dunno. One of those southern ones I guess. Something the opposite of the pacific northwest. New Orleans maybe.
31. What’s something you think would be cool to know everything about?
32. Favorite Actor/Actress?
I seem to have more Johnny Depp DVD’s than any other actor… I can go with that.
33. What’s one phrase you absolutely detest?
34. What makes an awesome party?
Lack of attitude and inhibitions.
35. What’s your material obsession?
I dunno… Records? Not really… I dunno…
36. What’s something most would consider an insult but you enjoy having said about you?
“You’re just cynical.”
37. Favorite kind of dog?
38. Favorite carnival food (everyone has one)?
What do they sell at carnivals? Hotdog?
39. Morning or night person?
40. Worst drunken habit?
Continuing to drink more.
41. Weirdest ebay purchase?
I guess… a Skinny Puppy CD.
42. Favorite food to eat when you’re wasted?
Mambos is the only thing I’ve every eaten while officially wasted. So, Mambos.
43. It’s Saturday at 3am where are you?
I got into bed at 2:30 last night.
44. Who’s your favorite friend to go out with?
I only ever go out with Ken. So, Ken.
45. Worst job you’ve ever had?
Assistant to “Bruce” who ran a portable sawmill. You never want to get cedar sawdust down the back of your shirt.
46. What’s something your friends make fun of you for?
What’s something they don’t?
47. Favorite cereal ?
Perhaps Raisin Bran? I like those sugared raisins.
48. Book you could read repeatedly?
I’ve sort of grown out of the ability to re-reador watch things multiple times.
49. What’s the meanest thing you’ve ever done?
I don’t want to talk about it.
50. What was your best Halloween costume ever?
I think last year’s “Inner Monster” was a crowning glory. Yesterday Ken called it “kind of a downer.” When I was a kid my “hunter mauled by bear” was good — I even had a eyeball hanging out of it’s socket.