~ Apparently I don’t get to choose my actual body shape or wear socks….
~ The mix tape war was an excellent experiment. I’m sure everybody’s favourite part was when the crackhead accused us of encroaching on his turf (the Lions Club Pavilion) and then tried to start a fight. When no one voiced an interest in fighting him, he then tried to sweeten the deal by breaking a beer bottle and brandishing it at Matt. Then Crackie’s friend took him away to cool-off. They returned after a few minutes and when Crackie offered Matt a beer to make peace his friend blew-up at him and tried to tackle him for giving Matt a beer. Then he took off in disgust, Crackie apparently having gone too far — first with the fighting but then really going crazy and giving away a Budweiser. Crackie then tried to a) buy cocaine off us, b) take us to a kick-ass coke party or, when we didn’t respond to those two propositions, c) beat up some cops and go to jail for us. We declined that offer too and then he left.
I think a good section of the party had no idea this was going on as they were dancing like maniacs. Sort of twisting beach-party zombie maniacs. But there were also these two hip-hop dudes hanging around and one was on a cell phone saying, “Naw, nothing happening down here for us. Not our kind of party. Well… it’s a bunch of freaks dancing… freaks…. yeah, dancing… you want me to just take a picture?” I think I’m the only one who heard him but it was pretty rad.
~ Waiting for the tape war. I guess I could walk down to the pavillion soon. Or… later. I have to “hide” my CD still… I’ll do this survey first.
“daaaaaaaamn.” and sometimes “damaaaaaang.”
2. DO YOU OWN AN IPOD?
No. A small Creative mp3 player. Sort of an Ant-iPod. So to speak
3. WHAT PERSON ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST DO YOU TALK TO THE MOST?
4. WHAT TIME IS Y0UR ALARM CLOCK SET TO?
6:46 — has been since I was 13.
5. DO YOU STILL REMEMBER THE FIRST PERSON YOU KISSED?
Yes. But with no fond nor negative feelings attached. It’s kind of like it never happened.
6. DO YOU REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE ON 9/11?
In my apartment. Petra’s friend phoned and said, “You’d better turn on the TV.” But we had no TV. So we turned on the radio and we sort of looked at each other and said, “Ah, fuck. Everything’s gonna suck now. America’s gonna go fucking nuts. Why’d they have to go an’ do a thing like that? Daaaaaaamn.”
7. WOULD Y0U RATHER TAKE THE PICTURE OR BE IN THE PICTURE?
I seem to do both simultaneously.
8. WHAT WAS THE LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Uh… Black Dahlia.
9.Do any of your friends have children?
Yes. Some have teens. Damaaaaaaang.
10. HAS ANY0NE EVER CALLED YOU LAZY?
I think I had a performace report at Staples that used that word.
11. DO YOU EVER TAKE MEDICATION TO HELP YOU FALL ASLEEP?
Valerian tea is like….. daaaaaaaamn.
12. WHAT CD IS CURRENTLY IN Y0UR CD PLAYER?
The CD I made for the Mix Tape War. Yeah, it seems to play.
13. DO YOU PREFER REGULAR OR CHOCOLATE MILK?
Chocolate milk is made from the milk that has too many “impurities” to be sold as “white” milk. Impurities like blood and puss from infected udders, fools. To that I say…. daaaaaaaaaaaamn. Bloody, puss-filled cow secretions. Drinking milk is fucked.
14. HAS ANYONE TOLD Y0U A SECRET THIS WEEK?
If they did, they didn’t preface it with “Can I tell you a secret” or “Don’t tell anyone but… ” or “I wasn’t supposed to say anything…” so if you did tell me a secret, consider it spread.
15. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD STARBUCKS?
I have Starbucks coffee in a canister in my kitchen. Because I am an asshole.
16. CAN YOU WHISTLE?
17. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Whether they look terrified or disgusted by me.
18. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO?
Band practice with Mel tomorrow.
19. DID YOU WATCH CARTOONS AS A CHILD?
No cable. Pissed me right the hell off.
22. WHAT MOVIES DO YOU KNOW EVERY LINE TO?
Star Wars ’77. Probably Ferris Bueller or Breakfast Club but don’t test me on it. Not that you would. Unless you were… maybe extremely bored. Or something.
23. DO YOU OWN ANY BAND T-SHIRTS?
I do. Don’t wear them.
24. WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN ONE HOUR?
Walkin’ down town to place my mix CD under or near the dumpster behind Fascinating Rhythm.
25. IS ANYONE IN LOVE WITH YOU?
My cat. My cat is the only creature in love with me. Anyone in love with me should just freakin’ tell me. Because I’m getting lonely.
26. WHAT WAS THE LAST SONG YOU HEARD?
The 60’s Star Trek theme. Hey… maybe that’s why only my cat is in love with me.
27. HAVE YOU EVER CRIED AT SCHOOL?
Yeah, I got picked on. Lots.
28. ARE YOU ON A DESKTOP COMPUTER OR A LAP TOP?
It’s actually under my desk. Which is actually a table. Under-table computer.
29. ARE YOU CURRENTLY WANTING ANY PIERCINGS OR TATTOOS?
30. WHATS THE WEATHER LIKE?
Outside. I can hear a weed-wacker. My window is covered with a sheet of cardboard. I wonder why nobody loves me.
31. WOULD YOU EVER DATE A SOMEONE COVERED IN TATTOOS?
I was going to say yes because, though tattoos aren’t my thing, I shouldn’t be that shallow. But let’s face it, I probably won’t ever hang out with someone covered in tattoos enough to want to date them. Unless they told me they loved me. Then I’d be all over that shit.
32. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE FRUSTRATED?
Almost two hours ago at work. For no real reason but, like, fuck why wouldn’t you tell me that? Just give me the info I need to do my job. I mean… daaaaamn.
33. WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU SLEPT ON THE FLOOR?
At my uncle’s on that trip to Nelson in the summer.
34. HOW MANY HOURS OF SLEEP DO YOU NEED TO FUNCTION?
35. DO YOU EAT BREAKFAST DAILY?
When’s the cut-off time for “breakfast”? Is it 11 o’clock like at a restaurant? Because I usually east some kind of thing before 11.
36. ARE YOUR DAYS FULL AND FAST PACED?
More like empty and turgid. Love me.
37. WHAT DID YOU DO LAST NIGHT?
Practiced drumming. Had a bath and read some Agatha Christie while listening to that Muddy Waters acoustic album.
38. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
I don’t “use” it; not with a sense of purpose. Just sort of toss it around like a monkey flinging its feces.
39. HOW OLD WILL Y0U BE TURNING ON Y0UR NEXT BIRTHDAY?
Thirty *cough* four… uh, I think.
40. ARE YOU PICKY ABOUT SPELLING AND GRAMMAR?
I am yet lack ability on either count.
41. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO SIX FLAGS?
May have. When we went to Disneyland in grade three we made the rounds of all those places. The ones that weren’t Disneyland sucked and were quickly forgotten to make way for better Disneyland memories. Like standing in line for an hour.
43. DO YOU GET ALONG BETTER WITH THE SAME SEX OR THE OPPOSITE SEX?
Hmmm… generally better. Until I piss them off.
44. DO YOU LIKE MUSTARD?
45. DO Y0U SLEEP ON YOUR SIDE, STOMACH or BACK?
I don’t know anymore. I just don’t know.
46. DO YOU WATCH THE NEWS?
I only get Seattle and Tacoma news so I don’t even bother.
47. HOW DID YOU GET ONE OF YOUR SCARS?
I’ve got a bunch of scars I’d like to know that answer to.
48. WHO WAS THE LAST PERS0N TO MAKE YOU MAD?
49. DO YOU LIKE ANYBODY?
To quote a Portastatic song: “I’m done with people”
50. WHAT IS THE LAST THING YOU PURCHASED?
Voice changing alien box thing.
~ On my lunch break I ran into Adam. Or rather Adam almost ran into me. He was running up some stairs not looking where he was going. He asked me, in a distracted and anxious manner, where the sushi restaurant was and then ran towards it. I thought, “Man, boy needs some sushi.” Like it’s some kind of life threatening emergency. Perhaps someone was bleeding to death and he needed a california roll to plug the wound. It seemed that imperative. But then later I saw him with his sushi in the mall food-court with Erin. He was obviously just on a time-line. Unless he’d just plugged a sucking-chest wound in Erin’s torso with a ball of wasabi. In which case, it was good thing he was hustling. She seems to be doing okay.
~ I bought some stuff at Shoppers and the woman at the check-out wanted to talk about every sing item. Hello, are you going to scan that or do you want me to explain why I’m buying padded envelopes first? Oh, you are going to wait until I’ve explained how to use the halloween voice-changing box before scanning my mini cans of thai-chili tuna. Yes, that’s my favourite kind. Good in a roll-up. Or by itself, yes. No, I haven’t tried the other kinds. Oh, yeah it’s a good price. You forgot to ring-in this stuff here.
~ I have to add another hole to my belt! This not eating dairy, refined sugars and breads is paying off.
~ I’m back on the bean. That experiment didn’t last very long.
~ Relearning how to play drums is coming along. My right foot is starting to do what I tell it. Mostly I need to learn to not be entirely tense. Anyway, it’s coming back. Like riding a bike. Only louder.
~ The amount of compliments Stephen and I have gotten regarding the show on Saturday is beginning to amaze me. Specifically the compliments directed towards me. Seeing as my performance was kind of bullshit. I think people were blinded by shakers, flutes and Polish cat-men. Well, you can’t really go wrong with distorted phaser bass. My Trojan horse — the phaser pedal and Eastern modal playing.
~ I’m almost done season one of my Star Trek Original Series box-set. I’m looking forward to this Shatner on his ranch “talking about his love of horses” featurette. Someone should make a phaser pedal that looks like a Star Trek phaser. With settings like “stun” and “wide pattern” and “kill.”
~ Good things about today:
1) Two tubular letters from Fink.
2) Going to a great show in Cumberland. Magali Meagher, Bob Wiseman and Final Fantasy. All were amazing. Except Bob Wiseman who was merely amusing and a little too wacky. Magali Meagher somewhat stole my heart and I’m only half a man now. She’s also married, I believe, to Bob Wiseman. Which is the cruelest joke of all. Drinking beer in a church is also great.
3) A note from Stephen saying: “I took your dream to Denman, I hope you don’t mind.” This puzzled me for a few minutes until I deciphered his writing and saw it actually said “drum.”
4) The news that the DWE covers are going to be cheaper to get printed than expected.
~ WTF? Diana Krall wrote the intro to the new Peanuts anthology? Seriously. What. The. Fuck?
~ John G sent this out with a hint recipients of the email should pass it around. I’m too lazy to do anything but post it here. It’s called Nice Shoes.
~ Justina and I rebelled against The Wave. Well, it’s only the two of us in the office today so it’s not much of a coup. And now that CHLY has gone into boring left-wing talk mode, I feel another coup coming on.
~ Stephen and I had a visitor the other day:
What you can’t see here is that the bird was freaking out. Stephen chased it out the front window eventually. I was too busy trying to capture it in pictures to help.
~ Huh. There’s hookers on the corner again.
~ Decided to perform an unsolicited favour today which was greeted with ambivalent hostility. If there is such a thing.
~ I’m feeling an overpowering urge for chocolate which I haven’t felt in about 90 days. Can’t decide if I should succumb to it.